An exclusive community
Join your classmates in a special community website just for you. Share your work, give and receive critiques, and learn together.
Weekly video content
A new two hour demo video, every single week. That's 24 hours of demos. I hope you like the sound of my voice.
A team of instructors
I've hired some of the best artists out there to critique you. Sean Murray, Randy Gallegos, Adam Paquette, Tristan Elwell, and others will be spending hours every single week critiquing work in the forums.
Assignments geared to fit your schedule. Whether you're working full-time, have a few other responsibilities, or have nothing to do in your parent's basement... there's a program just for you.
Hours of bonus video content. I've gotten some of the best artists in the industry to create exclusive tutorial videos just for you. Learn from the best.
100% money-back guarantee
If you're ever unsatisfied in any way I will gladly return all of your money. In fact I promise you that if you follow this course you will improve.
Art Camp 1
- Week 1 - Studying from the masters. Learn how to steal their secrets and do focused master studies.
- Week 2 - Sketching from imagination. Too many people lose sight of how to apply the knowledge they learn. That's why we're starting with imaginative painting so early. Education without application is useless.
- Week 3 - Still life. One of the best ways to practice technique and learn to render objects. They have the advantage of never moving and giving you unlimited time to refine and study.
- Week 4 - Self-portraits. Learning to paint a face requires painting a lot of faces. One of the easiest ways to do this is self-portraits, as you never have to worry about finding a willing model.
- Week 5 - Plein air drawing & painting. Getting outside to work is a wonderful way to study both people as well as the natural world. Let's get into the habit of leaving our studios.
- Week 6 - Learning from photos. Photos are easily available but can cause extremely harmful habits if used incorrectly. I'll show you how to learn from photo reference without harming your skills.
- Week 7 - Materials & edges. There are many different types of materials in the world—things like cloth, silk, metal, rock, flesh, etc.—and all of them require slightly different treatments. We'll learn how light affects them differently and how to use edges to convey texture.
- Week 8 - Drawing & painting figures. The human form is one of the most beautiful and challenging subjects that we can paint. This week we'll go over useful exercises, approaches, and resources for drawing & painting figures.
- Week 9 - Concept art & ideation. We'll go over the basics of developing original concepts in our work. Even if you want to pursue another field, the ability to come up with unique concepts and ideas is critical in art.
- Week 10 - Thumbnails & composition. This week we will learn how to create striking, dynamic compositions as we begin to develop a finished portfolio piece to wrap up the course.
- Week 11 - Color & light. Using the portfolio piece we are creating as a base, we will explore the world of color & light and learn how to use them to convey emotion.
- Week 12 - Learning to finish. Many of us struggle with finishing work. We can start a piece, but have no idea how to finish our work. This week I'll go over the techniques and approach I take in finishing my work.
Art Camp 2
- Week 1 - Seeing & Drawing Learn to train your eye with basic drawing and observation techniques. These are the basics that everything else is built on.
- Week 2 - The Sketchbook Habit Sketchbooks are the birthplaces of paintings. Learn to develop the habit of continual sketching and observation.
- Week 3 - Perspective That thing everyone hates. I'm going to break down perspective to the basics of what you need to learn and explain it as clearly as possible. Don't be afraid. It's not that scary.
- Week 4 - Experiments in Drawing Materials Learn to play around with new materials in drawing. We'll cover charcoal, graphite, pastel, ink, and perhaps others in an attempt to see what these mediums can offer us.
- Week 5 - Experiments in Painting Materials Most people paint digitally because they think traditional painting is expensive and/or complicated. But I'll show you how to do it. I promise you'll love it.
- Week 6 - Basics of Digital Painting I'm going to show you every trick, tool, and method I know for working digitally. Specifically designed for working in Photoshop.
- Week 7 - Light & Form Learning to draw & paint basic forms is a cornerstone of learning any new medium. These fundamental exercises will push our facility to the next level.
- Week 8 - Narrative & Storytelling Learn to communicate compelling narrative in visual and written form. Let's dive into the art of storytelling.
- Week 9 - Sequential Art Storyboards, comics, and other sequential art. Learn the freedoms and challenges that come with working with multiple images.
- Week 10 - Photography & Reference Get out your cameras. I'm going to show you how to use photography to improve your other artistic skills. Also we'll be talking about shooting good reference and using it effectively.
- Week 11 - Digital & Traditional Sculpture Learn to think entirely differently. Working in three dimensions will radically change how you approach your drawings. Trust me—you don't want to miss this.
- Week 12 - Creating Work you Love How to find your "style" and do work that you love.